Tri-Chandra College was established in 1918 AD in affiliation with the Patna University of India and is the first institution of higher education in Nepal. It was named with the King Tribhuvan Bir Bikram Shah and Prime Minister Chandra Samsher Jung BahadurRana. Now, Tri-Chandra Multiple Campus is the constituent campus of the Tribhuvan University after its foundation in 1959, therefore, it is directly managed and operated by Tribhuvan University and receives public funding via�the university that oversees its academic, administrative and financial management. This Campus has a number of subject-specific teaching departments that have been offering multiple graduate and post-graduate programs. Ghantaghar, the first public clock-tower built by Prime Minister Bir Samsher Jung Bahadur Rana is situated at the front part of the campus building, which is the best known landmark of Kathmandu City.
King Tribhuvan Bir Bikram Shah (left) and Prime Minister Chandra Shamsher Jung Bahadur Rana (right)